Note about BigCommerce
frontend-checkout v3does not bring new features to stores using BigCommerce.
We have added support for managing a Cart with Shopify's Storefront API.
This new version of Carts is compatible with all Shogun Frontend storefront, however the Shopify Cart API is only available on
Current Shogun Frontend customers will stay on the legacy
frontend-checkout v2 until they opt to migrate to
frontend-checkout v3. New customers will use
frontend-checkout v3 by default.
|Version||Cart actions API|
|Shopify Cart API|
|Shopify Checkout API|
Migrate to our latest version of
frontend-checkout to leverage Shopify's Cart API and get access to Shopify's latest features, like:
- Bot Protection prevents bots from purchasing your products and ensures that your customers can make purchases
- Access to a product's Selling Plan Data
- Create an unlimited number of Carts during high traffic events and ensure each shopper can checkout
- Use the latest version of our integration
Please consider these differences when choosing between the Cart API and Checkout API:
Using Shopify's Checkout API, Shopify preserves Abandoned Carts for 3 months. However with the Cart API, Shopify will only preserve Abandon Carts for 10 days.
- This limitation will exist until Shopify adds support for this feature. Please reach out to your Merchant Success Manager at Shopify to request this feature.
If you have a live store using the Checkout API and want to upgrade to the Cart API, all your store's carts will be reset.
- Current shoppers will have their carts reset once they reload your store
- Any existing Abandoned Carts will be reset when those users return back to your store
Therefore, consider coordinating this migrations at a time of low traffic, and consider pausing your Cart Abandonment campaigns briefly during migration.
Because this is a potentially destructive action, we do not allow for the ability to manage the version of
frontend-checkout via our Dependency Manager.
To migrate to
frontend-checkout v3, please contact Shogun Support.
Updated 9 days ago