Full Store Sync is currently on private beta. Fill this form to enroll in your store.
The Store Sync feature allows you to copy content from one store to another.
The Store Sync is ideal for:
- Merchants with multiple technical and non-technical team members collaborating on Shogun Frontend.
- Technical and non-technical team members creating, testing, previewing and sharing store changes in a safe, production-like environment.
- Brands investing in a global online presence.
- Brands selling a similar product catalog in multiple languages and currencies.
- Technical and non-technical team members seeking to reuse an existing Shogun Frontend store as the foundation for regional stores.
- Brands investing in subsidiary brands under an umbrella brand.
- Technical and non-technical team members tailoring their online brand presence to different segments of their customer base.
- Technical and non-technical team members seeking to reuse an existing Shogun Frontend store as the foundation for subsidiary brand stores.
See Use Cases for more details.
It's important to note that not everything will be included in the sync process. Below is a list of what will be excluded from a Full Store Sync:
- Ecommerce platform data
- Platform data is not synced through Full Store Sync. Rather, it is synced from the platform to Shogun Frontend via data sync jobs and webhooks.
- Temporarily, custom fields added to external content models is not synced through Full Store Sync.
- All content under Store Settings General, including Global Styles.
- All content under Store Settings Site Manifest.
- GitHub Integration connection.
- Slack Integration connection.
Full Store Sync is a broadly executed and destructive action resulting the contents (minus exclusions) of your destination store being entirely overwritten by the contents (minus exclusions) of your source store.
Currently, customers can do the following:
- Sync into an empty store.
- Sync between stores with a shared ecommerce backend.
Currently, customers cannot do the following:
- Sync into a pre-populated store.
- Sync between stores with a distinct ecommerce backend.
- Cancel a Full Store Sync after the action has been initiated.
- Revert the changes made to any store by the Full Store Sync.
- Resolve conflicts between content that is different.
- Maintain Sections or Components with the same name. A Full Store Sync will override any Section or Component with the same name.
- Variables of reference array type might not have "Sort by", "Order by", and "Include Draft Content" synced properly. It might be necessary to fix those manually after the Full Store Sync process is complete.
- The variables of Sections not be copied in the correct order to the destination store. A manual reorder of the variables might be required.
- While we are in private beta, you may encounter unanticipated issues requiring manual repair. It is important that you QA your store thoroughly after a sync to identify any unintended outcomes.
The destination store will be overwritten by the source store and this process is irreversible.
To get started with Full Store Sync:
- Navigate to frontend.getshogun.com and log in.
- Click on the SYNC STORES button.
- Select the source store from the SOURCE dropdown.
- Select the destination store from the DESTINATION dropdown.
- Review the content that will be synced. You can cancel this process by clicking on the X button on the top right corner.
- Click SYNC ITEMS to start the sync process.
- Click on START SYNC to sync the stores, or CANCEL to close the confirmation modal and start over.
- The sync process will start and it might take a few minutes to be complete.
Please reference this checklist of tasks to run through, as it suits your needs, after you conduct a Full Store Sync:
- Manually update your
PageMetaSection if desired, such as if you'd like to use a different Google Analytics tracking ID specific to your new Frontend store.
- Manually copy and paste any desired content under Store Settings General, including Global Styles.
- Manually copy and paste any desired content under Store Settings Site Manifest.
- Manually add and update any desired custom fields to your external content groups and content items synced from Shopify or BigCommerce, such as Products.
- Configure your GitHub integration if desired.
- Configure your Slack integration if desired.
Check our suggested workflows here.
- Any change made to the source store while a sync is in progress will not be included in the sync.
- Usage with third-party integrations and tracking IDs
- As the Full Store Sync doesn't include the
PageMetaSection should store environment-specific IDs. For example, rather than storing your GTM ID in a separate component, you should store that ID in the PageMeta Section so that it is not overwritten during a Full Store Sync. This way you can specify one tracking ID for Sandbox and another for Production to avoid muddying your Production analytics or data. It is important that you QA your store thoroughly after a sync to identify any unintended outcomes.
- As the Full Store Sync doesn't include the
Updated 2 days ago